Today I brought some more of those totally awesome LEGO minifigs that come in boosters, I’ve already completed the collection so I wasn’t interested in getting different minifigs. In fact I was only really after one minifig which was the zombie and I was fortunate (read: memorised the bar code) enough to get three zombies today bringing my total LEGO zombie count to a whopping four zombies.
Now while thinking of the immense LEGO filled possibilities this brings me, I realised what I could do to both kill some time and create something really awesome with LEGO. I’m going to rebuild the first level of the No Mercy campaign from the videogame Left 4 Dead in LEGO. This project will be a great excuse to spend lots of money on LEGO and to do something interesting and creative.
I’m going to begin proper work on this when I come back from Malaysia in August and will have regular updates then. For now however I’ll just through a few of my initial plans out there.
- Figure out how to create the survivors in LEGO form effectively
- Come up a way to create Special Infected, I already have some ideas about the Hunter and the Smoker
- Decided what brick colours I’m going to be using primarily and then get ordering on Bricklink
- Setup a Flattr button and Paypal donation button to allow people to help contribute to brick costs if they wish (I’ll figure out an incentive to do this but I won’t be expecting much from this so most will be funded from my own pocket)
- Decide where would be the best place to build it
- Build a LEGO version of it in the LEGO Designer to help figure out what I need
- Acquire more Zombies!
Pic Related: It’s some L4D minifigs that have been made by someone online.